- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Chateau Grand Traverse Gamay Noir
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups dried tart cherries
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) button mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup pearl onions (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) medium egg noodles, cooked and well drained
- Parsley, for garnish
- Trim fat from steak; cut into 1-inch cubes. Coat a large, oven-safe Dutch oven or stockpot with non-stick cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add steak; cook, stirring occasionally 8 – 10 minutes, or until meat is browned. Drain well; set aside.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped onion; cook 1 minute. Add wine and mushroom soup; mix well. Bring mixture to a boil. Return steak to pan; stir in cherries, mushrooms and pearl onions.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, and water, blending until smooth with a wire whisk. Gradually stir flour mixture into steak mixture; mix well. Bake, covered, in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1-1/2 hours, or until steak is tender and mixture is thickened. Serve over cooked noodles.
Makes 8 servings, ¾ cup each
Calories per serving: 528
Total fat per serving: 12 grams