Adult Signature Requirement:
We strongly suggest shipping your order to a business address. State law, as well as UPS/FedEx policy, requires an adult signature at the time of delivery for every package containing wine. It is the shipper’s responsibility to ensure an adult is available to sign for the shipment at delivery.
Shipments will not be delivered under the following circumstances:
- The recipient is not 21 years of age or older or does not have an acceptable form of ID such as a driver’s license, passport or picture ID.
- The recipient shows signs of intoxication.
- If the recipient cannot provide identification proving their age or the recipient’s home is vacant, the delivery will be re-attempted three times and then it will be returned to Chateau Grand Traverse.
Seasonal & Weather Concerns:
To ensure extreme weather conditions or temperature variances do not impact the quality of your wine, orders will only be shipped Monday through Wednesday (Thursday for MI customers) for ground and 2nd day shipping. Orders will be shipped within 48 hours upon being placed. If your order is time sensitive, please contact us directly at (231) 223-7355 to place an order. Orders placed by 9:00am will generally be shipped the same business day.
Current Shipping States:
State laws restrict or prevent shipping wine directly to consumers in some states. We are able to ship wine purchased over the internet to the states listed in the table below. Deliveries can only be made to physical addresses. We cannot ship to Post Office boxes or APO/FPO addresses. Some states restrict the amount a consumer can have shipped from a winery. The information below is a summary of the quantities we can ship. Chateau Grand Traverse currently ships to the following states:
- Ohio (24 cases/year)
- Indiana (24 cases/year)
- North Carolina (2 cases/month)
- Illinois (12 cases/year)
- Georgia (12 cases/year)
- Minnesota (2 cases/year)
- Texas (45 bottles/month – up to 181 bottles/year)
- Wisconsin (12 cases/year)
- Missouri (2 cases/month)
- New York (36 cases/year)
- District of Columbia (1 case/month)
- Oregon (2 cases/month)
- Alaska (call for shipping charges)